Associate Scientist, Ottawa Health Research Institute (OHRI)
Associate Professor, Faculty of Graduate Studies, uOttawa
Associate Professor, Program in Health Administration, School of Management, uOttawa
Associate Scientist, Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire en santé
- Canadian, US and European health care systems
- Health care quality
- Impact of accreditation systems on health care organizations
- Health policies
- Health system governance
Marie-Pascale Pomey is a physician and public health specialist. For six years, she taught public health at the Bretagne Occidentale University and practiced medicine at the Brest University Hospital , where she was responsible for evaluating care quality. She completed her Ph.D. in public health, in health care organization, at the University of Montréal in conjunction with a French university (ParisV). She was an assistant professor at the school of Management from July 2002 to November 2005. Within the MHA program, she developed the research speciality and made students aware of this approach. She had just been hired as a professor at the University of Montréal in the department d’administration de la santé. She is also a Research Associate in the Interdisciplinary Health Research Group (GRIS) and Chair of Governance and Transformation of Health Care Organizations at l'Université de Montreal and at the Ottawa Health Research Institut (OHRI).
Dr. Pomey’s research interest lies in the comparison of health care systems, particularly European, Canadian and US systems. Her research also focuses on the evaluation of professional practices to improve quality of care, and on the impact of accreditation systems on health institutions in terms of the dynamics of change and the implementation of continual quality and safety improvement programs. Dr. Pomey is also interested in public policy in the health care field.
She currently leads three CIHR-funded research projects. One deals with the evaluation of Canadian health institutions accreditation in terms of the dynamics of change and the implementation of quality and safety procedures. She is working with other researchers from the university of Ottawa ( Doug Angus ), Toronto ( Louise Lemieux-Charles ) and Montréal (François Champagne and André-Pierre Contandriopoulos ). Dr. Pomey also received a grant to conduct a research project on wait-list management. In collaboration with her Université Laval colleague Pierre-Gerlier Forest , she will analyze the literature related to the organizational determinants in health-care institutions and research work done to date in this area internationally. She also received a grant to build a tool to have a better idea of the implementation of quality and safety programs on Canadian’s HCOs. She is also a co-researcher on other projects, including a comparative analysis of health care system reforms in five Canadian provinces. She has recently been awarded a five-year CIHR research scholarship.
Major Research Activities
|Identification, concept and bibliometric analyses of organizational change theories/frameworks
|Canada PRIME: process modeling in implementation research: exploring the theoretical basis of organizational and health care professional behaviour and behaviour change.
|Identification, concept and bibliometric analyses of knowledge translation theories/frameworks
|Impact de l’agrément du CCASS sur les établissements de santé canadiens en terme de dynamique de changement et d’implantation de démarches qualité et sécurité
|Building capacity: development of a transdisciplinary team for improving the quality of health care
- Pomey, M.-P ., François P, Contandriopoulos, A-P, Bertrand D., L’accréditation à la française : des dilemmes à dépasser ? Risques et Qualité. 2005
- François P, Pomey M-P. Implantation de la gestion de la qualité dans les hôpitaux français, jeux d’acteurs et transformations induites. Rev Epidemiol Santé Pub. 2005; 53: S 4-11
- Pomey, M.-P ., François P, Contandriopoulos, A-P, Tosh, A., Bertrand D. French Accreditation Paradoxes. Quality and Safety in Health Care. 2005; 14:51-55.
- Pomey, M.-P ., Contandriopoulos, A-P, François P, Bertrand D. L’accréditation en France : un outil de changement organisationnel ? Une étude de cas dans un centre hospitalier universitaire. Journal d’Économie Médicale. 2005; 22(5): 255-272
- Pomey, M-P , Contandriopoulos A-P, François P, Bertrand D. Accreditation as a tool for organisational change. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance. 2004; 17 (3):113-124.
- Pomey, M-P. La préparation à l’accréditation : un outil de changement organisationnel ? Ed GRIS, Université de Montréal. March 2003.
François, P, Pomey, M-P, Implantation de la gestion de la qualité dans les hôpitaux français : étude de l’influence des modalités d’implantation sur les comportements et les pratiques professionnelles. Agence nationale d’accréditation et d’évaluation en santé. November 2002.
Design/Content by Nicole Robinson & Justin Presseau
2006 - All Rights Reserved